Welcome to our site - Take Moment and Register to Begin Posting

Established May 1, 2003. Welcome to the Lubbock Racing Community. Be cool to one another.

Questions?Comments?Concerns? about Sponsoring....Contact Us!
Go Back   RaceLubbock - Lubbocks Premiere Race Site > General > Busted!

Old 07-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #11
Velisma
3rd Gear

Velisma is an unknown quantity at this point

So, here's scenario for you that I might possibly need some help on in the near future...

So, a bit of news on the old car I traded for my new one. I go to check the mail yesterday and low n' behold find a vehicle registration renewal notice in there for the old one. I get a hold of the seller here on FB (don't have his phone # anymore) and I'm informed that he sold it to someone else without ever registering it in his own name. I call the DMV and the lady tells me to file a transfer notification to which I reply, "I already did that yesterday online". She basically says there is nothing I can do but wait until "whoever" has the vehicle gets a ticket, etc. to fight it off. I'm also told I can take legal action against the guy I sold it to since he sold it w/o it being registered in his name.

Any help in which direction to go next would be greatly appreciated. Thank!
Velisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #12
SomeFknGuy
T3h Ub3r th31f

SomeFknGuy is on a distinguished road

from what i've read and experienced, it would fall on the guy that bought it after you, especially if he didnt register it in the allotted period of time the state gives you... or if you really want to be douchey, file it stolen and get your car back (yeah, quite douchey lol)

-2006 Suzuki M109r
-2001 NBM TransAM WS6
-2012 Dodge 2500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
SomeFknGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:36 PM   #13
makenzie71
Lengthy witticism...

makenzie71 is an unknown quantity at this point

I sold an RX-7 roller to someone a few years ago. He then dropped a motor in it and proceeded to blow through toll booths all over Dallas and get involved in a few nonsensical things...and I got tickets.

I kept a bill of sale and that cleared me.

I also learned there that when I sell something, I keep the plates. You get new plates when you register it.

1981 Suzuki GS750E: 1993 Katana 750 engine, open turndowns, K&N pods, KAt 750 front end, YZF600R rear wheel, widened swingarm, and some other stuff too.

250cc SunL 250-A2 buggy...soon to be GS750 powered.

150cc Chinabike Quad. Lots and lots and lots done to make it a real four-wheeler. For sale!

Justin Duncan, 470 2743

makenzie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:26 AM   #14
Velisma
3rd Gear

Velisma is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there a way that I can take legal action against the guy I sold it to? He's not really willing to cooperate with me. At this point, I don't mind being a jerk because if that car is involved in a hit & run, a burglary, etc. then I would possibly have to go through a lot of bureaucracy to get all that crap cleared up. I'd really appreciate some help on this matter if anyone could help. Thanks!

Last edited by Velisma; 07-07-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Velisma is offline   Reply With Quote